Wednesday, May 30, 2012

5/30/12 Margarita Challenge Record Crushed!!

If you had told me, I wouldn't have believed it. But I was there. I saw it with my own eyes.

As many of you know, we have an ongoing contest in my Cry in the Dojo classes.

The Margarita Challenge.

If all 12 class participants can get their heart rates past 93% of their max at the same time, I will make everyone in class a (award winning, hand crafted) margarita.

In 3 years this challenge has been met only twice. Of those two, the best performance had everyone able to achieve that 93% at the same time twice during the class. Very impressive. A record that stood for 3 years.

Until today. . .

Steph, Kat, Tammy, Beth, Kirk, Sherry, Adam, Chris, Amy, Jackie, Luke, and Josh shattered the record by simultaneously hitting 93% a whopping 7 times during class; once during each of the 4 rounds of tabatas, and then again once during each of the 3 lightning rounds.

Unprecedented.

Now we just need to settle on a day and time next week to collect their winnings!

Congratulations everyone!

Coach CWall

P.S. The class will be able to collect their margaritas on Wednesday, June 13th at 7:30pm in the Hangdog Lounge at the Boulder Rock Club!

5 comments:

Katherine Leitzell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steffie Gould said...

I work Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday till 8 so I could do Wednesday or another day if we started around 7:30-8. Still can't believe we crushed it like that.

Kat said...

I was wrong-I can do Monday, but not Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

Luke T said...

Yaaa! Strong work crew!

jacki said...

I was on my way and went head first over my handlebars. Trip to the er via the ambulance with many stitches, broken finger and some broken teeth. Wont be in class for a while, damn I wanted those margaritas....